Anoop Ahluwalia, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Mathematics
Articles and Publications
Publications: (Maiden name: Anoop Kalsi)
- Ahluwalia, A. (2013). Tracing Robert’s use of representations to solve counting problems: A 16-year case study. Journal of Mathematical Behavior, 32, 353-363.
- Ahluwalia, A. (2011). Tracing the building of Robert’s connections in mathematical problem solving: A sixteen-year study. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Rutgers, New Brunswick, NJ.
- Ahluwalia, A. and Maher, C.A. (2014). Counting as a foundation for learning to reason about probability. A book chapter in Probabilistic Thinking: Presenting Plural Perspectives, Springer, 559 – 580.
- Ahluwalia, A. and Merges, K. (2012). vBlocks: An iPad app used to teach patterns and Combinatorics in early childhood education. IDEAL 2012, Bayburt University, Bayburt, Turkey
- Kalsi, A. and O’Leary, D. P. (2006). Fast algorithm for structured least squares & total least squares problems, Journal of Research for National Institute of Standards and Technology, 111, 113-119.
- Kalsi, A., (2002). Blind two-dimensional deconvolution using total least squares, M.A. Thesis, Mathematics Department, University of Maryland at College Park, MD.
- Kalsi A. and O’Leary, D. P. (2002). Algorithms for structured total least squares problems with applications to blind image deblurring, Technical report, Computer Science Department Report CS-TR-4390, University of Maryland at College Park, MD.
- O’Leary, D. P., Kalsi, A., et al (2004). Regularized structure total least squares algorithm for Blind Image Deblurring, Linear Algebra & Its Applications, 391, 203-221
- Why Students Rush to Calculus? (This unpublished article reports on a follow-up study to the study above, conducted jointly in 2010-2011 with Joe Rosenstein, Rutgers, which replicates the results of a previous study the with a later cohort of Rutgers students and focuses on the question of why students took AP Calculus in high school.)
- Putting Brakes on the Rush to Calculus (This as-yet unpublished article is an abbreviated version of the two articles above, written jointly in 2012 with Anoop Ahluwalia.)
- Faculty Liaison to the International Education Center at Brookdale starting Spring 2015
- Principal Investigator at Brookdale for the NASA Space Grant, Fall 2014 – Present
- Co-Chair of Faculty Advisory Committee to the Brookdale EVP, Spring 2014 – Present
- Math Division Representative to the Faculty Association, Fall 2014 – Present
- President-Elect, President and Past President of Mathematical Association of Two Year Colleges, Fall 2011 – Spring 2014
- Brookdale Math Club Co-Advisor, Fall 2012 – Spring 2013
- Course coordinator of Math 021