The Education programs at Brookdale are designed for those who wish to become teacher assistants; early childhood, elementary or secondary school teachers. Students in these programs take courses in theory and practice, coupled with the general studies required for successful transfer. Through various courses in the program, students are introduced to the wide-ranging areas of the educational field:
- Current issues facing today’s educators
- Field experiences both in educational and cultural settings
- Literacy across the curriculum
- Professionalism and ethics in teaching
- Diversity in special needs populations
- Technology in education.